Marble Inks

A while ago Hannah and I played with some marble inks. They were a lot of fun, and a lot of mess. The inks we used were pearlescent, which I think made them a bit tricky at times. We tried lots of colour combinations and papers, too much ink and not enough.

Here are my share. Finally got round to scanning them! They’re very pretty and could be interesting if worked into other art pieces.

Tips: Changing the water often seemed to help get stronger ink patterns. Coated papers don’t work so well. Make sure you have lots of places to leave things to dry—they take a while and take up a lot of space!